Right now I would like to introduce to you probably the most successful free to play - games: the double Golden Joystick - winner "League of Legends" by Riot Games!
League of Legends is a MOBA-Game (Multiplayer On-line Battle Arena), which is oriented in the direction of the well-known Warcraft 3 - Map "Protection of the Ancients".
For individuals who never played DotA (are there any?) and who do not know the game idea I'll clarify it in detail:
League of Legends doesn't put high requirements in your PCs. You need at least:
- processor with 2 GHz - 1 GB RAM, - DirectX 9.0 capable video card, - 750 MB free laborious disk area, - DSL or related
Create an account either on the server EU West, EU Nordic/East or US, relying on where you live. You can also create an account on US while living in Europe but you'll experience larger pings then. I give you a hyperlink to create an account in my creator's bio. Select a name (all the time the toughest part) and a nice picture and off you go!
There are 2 teams 5 players (there are more game modes, however they are not important to start with because as a newbie it is best to start with 5vs5 to study the gameplay). Earlier than each match you all choose a "champion" who's the character you need to use in battle. Dependant in your personal preferendes it can be e.g. an undead mage, an enormous granite golem, a bit of boy driving on a Yeti, a courageous knight and lots of more.All in all there are greater than eighty (!) different champions and every second week one is added.
Each champions has 4 totally different talents (three regular and one extra strong, the "Ultimate") and a passive, which he has since the beginning. You study the talents by leveling up ingame and your max champion level is 18 which suggests that you've got 5 factors in each regular skill and three in your ultimate.
You obtain experience for levelling up by:
1. Being near when enemy minions or impartial monsters are killed by your troops (it is not necessary to kill them yourself!)
2. killing or aiding to kill enemy champions
At first you generally play whatever you want, later it is helpful to communicate with your teammembers before the match begins so that you've a balanced setup and not 5 champions of the identical kind.
The different kinds of champions are roughly:
1. Mages ("AP Carries": AP means means power, they primarily deal magical harm with their skills)
2. Fighters ("AD Carries": AD means Attack Damage, they primarily deal bodily harm with their autoattacks)
3. Tanks (They are laborious to kill and defend their own carries, for example by gorgeous or taunting the enemies)
4. Helps (They have either buffs or heals to assist their carries and hold them alive)
5. Junglers (They don't start in the lane but within the jungle and support their teammates by ganking and ambushing the enemies)
The attention-grabbing level is: Depending on the items you equip on your champions they're often able to fulfill totally different roles!
At first you do not have own champions, but each week there are 10 free ones which everyone can use. After some matches you can buy more champions with influence points (IP) in the shop. I will come to this later.
The map has three completely different lanes, which lead from your personal to the enemy base. On these lanes there are a number of Towers which you will need to destroy earlier than you possibly can assault the base itself. As a help your principal constructing ("Nexus") spawns minion waves in brief intervals which help you in fights. Between the lanes there may be the "jungle", the place impartial monsters are located. When you kill those you receive gold and/or short-term buffs.
As soon as the match begins everybody has a few minute to spend his beginning capital on gadgets within the shop.
This does not take long since you don't have much gold in the beginning. There are different ways to earn gold within the game:
1. Everyone receives gold over time
2. Killing enemy minions or neutral monsters (here it is very important give them the ultimate blow, the so called "lasthitting")
3. Killing or assisting to kill enemy champions
4. Destroying enemy buildings (towers and inhibitors -> destroying them makes your minions stronger)
5. There are several objects which grant you additional earnings (the so known as gold/5 objects -> they provide you 1 gold every 5 seconds)
Should you destroy the enemy important constructing (Nexus) your staff wins. For being able to attack the Nexus, nevertheless, it's important to destroy all three towers and the inhibitor on at the least one lane and the 2 towers which protect the Nexus. So it is not one of the best thought to hunt the enemy champions 24/7 if you happen to do not push the lanes on the similar time. A median match takes 30-45 minutes, rarely more than an hour. As soon because the match reaches minute 20 additionally it is possible to surrender.
More game modes are a 3vs3 and a fairly new domination map ("Dominion") the place it's important to seize and defend sure points. As well as there are ranked modes for players with summoner stage 30 (rationalization follows) wherein you obtain an Elo rely depending in your wins and losses. For novices I highly recommend the normal 5vs5 map!
The summonersleague of legends shirt
of Legends additionally has an RPG part. You don't solely choose a name and a picture for yourself (you are a so known as "summoner", don't combine it up with the "champions") however you're also able to degree up yourself and buy small buffs with Affect Points (IP).